Newsletter – July 2020
The Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues to present a serious economic challenge, and many business owners will be reviewing profitability and the prospects for the future. Please click here to view our latest newsletter.
We are on hand to help with any strategic planning you may want to undertake, such as reviewing core business activity, or looking to diversify and enter new markets.
Front page news:
• Research and Development tax relief: what you should know
• change for VAT-registered businesses working in construction.
Other headline news:
• help for hospitality and tourism announced in Summer Economic Update
• changing terms and conditions for your employees: what should you be aware of?
• Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: the changes
• Job Retention Bonus
• Self-employed Income Support Scheme update
• making sure you keep principal private residence relief.
Feature: Cars, chairs, tax and tables: working from home:
• contributing to employee costs
• can employees claim tax relief?
• where normal tax rules on benefits and expenses apply
• new Covid-19 tax rules
• employer-provided cars.
Here to help
Please do not hesitate to contact us for advice in any of these areas, or any other matter of concern. Your views are always important to us and we welcome your feedback.