By taking the time to build a relationship with you and understand the nature of your business, we are able to help you achieve maximum tax efficiency – retaining and realising wealth.
Our experts will look at your long-term plans and objectives and ensure that you’re mitigating liabilities. Naturally, we also take away the worry and hassle associated with tax returns.
As well as ensuring you meet your obligations regarding your return, we can help you with your tax and income planning to minimise your burden and maximise the reliefs to which you’re entitled.
It’s important to plan capital gains tax to achieve maximum efficiency. We can offer advice on timing and the use of the Enterprise Investments Scheme, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Relief, Principal Private Residence Relief and the disposal of business property and shares.
We can review your Will on a regular basis and make sure that it is tax effective, in terms of the use of nil-rate bands and the creation of trusts. Our team will also advise on the impact of lifetime gifts and other transfers of wealth.
The first and most important choice is your business structure. Will you be a limited company, partnership, LLP or operate as sole trader? Taking into account risks and commerciality, we can help you choose the correct route in terms of extracting profits, the payment of dividends and bonuses, share structure and capital allowances.
Directors and Employees
We can help you find the best way of rewarding your team through salary and dividend payments and offer tax-efficient planning advice. You may want to incentivise key employees in other ways, but are you aware of the tax implications of benefits such as salary sacrifice? Our experts can help you complete P11D forms and give you wider advice and guidance on your approach to remuneration.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Salary enhancement for maximum tax efficiency
- Pension planning in conjunction with financial advisers and clients
- Planning for retirement or exit
Businesses and Limited Companies
You can turn to us for help in completing and submitting your Corporation Tax forms and general advice on minimising liability, as well as capital allowances and research and development tax credits.
We can also help with:
- VAT registration, queries and optimisation – including assistance with returns and advice on partial exemption, deferment, EC rules and commercial property options.
- Employment taxes – including advice on PAYE and NI.
- Group structures and activities – helping you to avoid unexpected tax liabilities.
- Reorganisations – strategic advice on demergers and reconstructions, shareholder disputes, sales and management buy-outs (including relevant clearances from HMRC).
- HMRC Investigations – accumulating relevant information, negotiating and resolving issues on your behalf. We offer all our clients fee protection insurance annually, which will cover any professional fees involved in an investigation.