Newsletter – February 2022
Front page news:
- Why timing matters for your capital spend
- We look at two timing issues currently of relevance to businesses planning capital expenditure and advise on the dates to watch.
- Getting the maximum tax advantage from capital expenditure often means a careful balancing act. And timing can be key to the outcome.
- Property disposals
- Our article highlights recent important changes to procedure.
- What are the rules for notifying HMRC and paying capital gains tax when you dispose of UK land and property?
Our other articles:
- Busting the research and development myth
- We outline what research and development really is. And why it matters when it comes to tax.
- Take advantage: tax free benefit for directors and employees
- Why so-called trivial benefits can be very good for you.
- Your pension and you
- A round up of pensions changes.
- Drilling down: Mr Tooth and the tax return
- Two important take-away messages from a Supreme Court case.
- Gift Aid: 5 own goals to avoid
- Common pitfalls for donors.
- HMRC sets sights on cryptoassets
- The latest compliance drive by HMRC.
Here to help
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for advice in any of these areas, or any other matter of concern.
Your views are always important to us and we welcome your feedback.