Newsletter – May 2021
Our latest Newsletter advises on current Covid-19 support measures for business, and reports on a range of other topical issues, please click here to view.
We also go behind the headlines to look at how key Budget provisions may impact you.
- Covid-19 support schemes latest
the final grants from the Self-employment Income Support Scheme, and most recent changes to the furlough scheme.
- Uber and you
the Supreme Court verdict in the Uber case: and why it’s important for businesses – even those who may not think of themselves as employers.
Our other articles:
- Going on holiday. Counting the days
Covid-19 considerations for owners of furnished holiday lettings.
- Biggest tax cut ever?
what the new super deduction really means for you and your business.
- New Covid-19 loan now up and running
the Recovery Loan Scheme: terms and conditions.
- Using a loss
Budget announcements on loss relief for companies and unincorporated businesses
- Property: what’s new?
HMRC’s new capital gains tax regime means faster tax payment and reporting. When could it affect you?
- Budget big freeze
what changed in the Budget – and what didn’t?
We have also posted a Briefing. Click here to view.
Doing business after Brexit: what you need to know
There is significant change to the way goods move between Britain and Europe, and between mainland Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Europe: what’s changed?
- dealing with VAT: goods sold to the EU and bought from the EU
- postponed VAT accounting
- dealing with customs procedures
- imports: new timetable, ongoing change
- customs declarations: do it yourself?
- classifying goods
- making a customs declaration
- delayed customs declarations
- preparing for the next step
- dealing with tariffs
- what about Northern Ireland?
Here to help
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for advice in any of these areas, or any other matter of concern.